IHF School, Kolcondo Campus
The IHF School campus in Kolcondo is a collaborative project of Aastha Trust and It’s Humanity Foundation (IHF) which was inaugurated in December 2021. The school is located in a remote char area in Rangpur district, in Kolcondo village under Gangachara Upazila. Around 400 families live here who have a very limited access to education, proper sanitation, medical and other necessary facilities. The campus currently provides free quality education, healthcare facilities and a healthy environment to grow for 82 students from Playgroup to Class 2 with three full time teachers to conduct the classes and look after the students.
To create an environment where our students can dare to dream of becoming anyone they want to be, we focus on making our school a fun place to learn and thrive in. Our student facilities include:
- Inclusive and interactive curriculum with storytelling techniques to provide lessons
- Language and Literature Club to improve communication skills
- Fun learning activities to improve analytical and behavioral skills
- Regular Health Checkup to ensure well being of our students
- Mental Health Program - Ankur
- Regular healthy meals provided through our Healthy Meal Program
- Extra curricular activities : Sports, Debate competitions, Science fairs, Cultural days etc.
- Regular parent-teacher consultation ensuring healthy parent-child relationship
The school is registered under the government and 3 yearly exams are taken. Other than that, regular monthly class tests are also taken. Teachers use interactive methods while conducting the classes and visual aids for lectures through computers and projectors.